The Children and Families Act (2014) places a statutory duty on the NHS to work with their local authority partners to provide help and support to children and young people aged 0-25 years and who have a learning disability or Special Educational Needs (SEN) and their families.
Under the act we must work with Hull City Council to:
- Identify children and young people with SEN early.
- Offer early support to children and young people with SEN and their families.
- Communicate with and gather the views of children, young people and their families and other users of SEN services.
- Support Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments.
As part of this work, Hull City Council have developed an “SEND Local Offer” website, called Local Offer Hull. The Local Offer puts a range of information about education, health and social care, and activities to support children, young people and their families in one place.
It’s a simple way for SEN families and young people, as well as professionals, to find information and local services.
The website provides information on available SEN resources in the city, including:
- Early Years 0-5 years
- Education and training
- Becoming an adult
- Health and wellbeing
- Social care
- Support and advice services
- Parental support
If you think that additional support is required to meet the needs of your child, or if you would like some extra help, please visit the Local Offer Hull to see what is available and who you can contact for help and support.
Local offer Hull is a project from Hull City Council with support form Hull CCG.