With Easter almost here – there is a lot to think about – including where you can access
health care services over the bank holiday weekend. Most GP surgeries will be closed over the bank holiday period but there is still help and advice available if you, or someone you know, becomes unwell:
- Self-care: use over the counter remedies to treat coughs, colds and stomach upsets.
- Pharmacy: visit your local pharmacist, they can offer free advice on illnesses and advise which medicines to take; no appointment is needed. Please note pharmacy opening times will vary over the Easter period, so it’s important to plan ahead, especially if you’re going away. To find out local pharmacy opening times visit the NHS Hull CCG website here
- Minor Ailments Scheme: if you do not pay for prescriptions or for children under 16 years old, your local pharmacist may be able to prescribe medicines free-of-charge without you having to see a Doctor. Ask at your local pharmacy for further details.
- NHS 111: for non-emergencies call 111, free from landlines or mobiles, for quick medical advice.
- Bransholme Health Centre Minor Injuries Unit (MIU): The MIU based at Bransholme Health Centre will be open from 9am – 8pm over the bank holiday weekend for injuries such as cuts, bites, sprains and scalds; no appointment necessary.
- GP Walk in centre: Story Street Medical Practice will be open to registered and unregistered patients with or without an appointment, from 8am – 8pm over the bank holiday weekend.
If you are a carer or have a long term health condition, it is also important make sure you order and collect any prescriptions which you may run out of over the bank holiday weekend.
Finally, calling 999 or visiting the Emergency Department should only be considered in emergencies and life-threatening situations such as, but not exclusively: loss of consciousness, acute confused state, fits, chest pain, breathing difficulties and severe bleeding. If you require emergency treatment call 999 or visit the Emergency Department immediately.
Bransholme Health Centre Minor Injuries Unit
Bransholme Health Centre
Tel: 01482 344665
will be open from 9am – 8pm: Good Friday, Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday
Story Street Medical Practice (walk-in)
Story Street Medical Practice
Wilberforce Health Centre
6 – 10 Story Street
Tel: 01482 335180
will be open from 8am – 8pm: Good Friday, Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday.