In the Pink is a scheme in Hull & East Yorkshire that supports men and women to use exercise as an aid to improve their positive wellbeing, and to help to manage the often debilitating symptoms caused by social, physical or emotional health problems. Although exercise is recognised as being helpful in improving mental and physical wellbeing, it can be hard to be motivated to start or return to exercise when struggling with the negative effects of many issues. This scheme offers 1-1 support to help men and women take those first steps, by linking to a Fitmums In the Pink Volunteer Supporter, who will help you get started.
We would love to support anyone who feels they need a little helping hand to get through the door of a Fitmums & Friends activity session – the following list is by no means exhaustive and you don’t need to fit in any of these categories, if you think some 1-1 support may help you please get in touch.
We can help people who are:
– bereaved & struggling
– carers & need time out
– feeling lonely
– trying to make lifestyle changes like losing weight or stopping smoking
– having relationship difficulties
– unemployed or facing redundancy
– recovering from cancer or other illnesses
– experiencing baby blues/post natal depression
– facing major life changing experiences
– feeling low in confidence/self-esteem