To help with the increased demand due to coronavirus (COVID-19), GP practices and pharmacies across Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire will remain open over the Easter bank holidays – Good Friday (10 April) and Easter Monday (13 April).
If you think you need to talk to your GP practice about something other than coronavirus, you should contact your GP practice online or by phone to be assessed. If you need to access GP services on the bank holidays, please be aware that you may be directed to another nearby practice instead of your usual practice.
Pharmacists will also be open over the bank holidays, with most community pharmacies open from 2-5pm on Good Friday and Easter Monday. You can find the latest pharmacy bank holiday opening hours across Hull and East Riding here. Please note that these opening hours are believed the be correct as of 09.04.20 but may be subject to change.
Access to GP and pharmacy services over the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) will operate in the same way as any normal weekend. For information on how to access GP services on evenings and weekends, click here for Hull and here the East Riding.
NHS Hull and NHS East Riding of Yorkshire CCGs want to thank GPs and local pharmacy services for their continued support during this difficult and challenging time.
Tips for ordering prescriptions during the COVID-19 pandemic:
1. Order repeat prescriptions in your usual quantities at the usual time. Over ordering of your medicines may mean someone else has to go without their medicines.
2. Order your usual prescription online or by an app. Do not go to your GP practice or pharmacy to order prescriptions and only phone them if you cannot order online or by an app. You can find out about ordering medicines online at www.nhs.uk
3. If you have a prescription to collect:
– If you are 70 or over, have a long-term health condition or are pregnant you should arrange collection by a relative or friend, or ask your pharmacy for help with delivery
– Ask any relatives and friends who are delivering your medicines to make sure they have seen you pick up the bag
– If your medicines are being delivered make sure you keep a safe distance when you receive them.
4. For everyone else, if you are going into a pharmacy in person, follow social distancing rules and the rules put in place by the pharmacy to protect you and their staff