From 1 July 2022, Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) will be dissolved, and Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) will take over the responsibility for NHS functions and budgets. We will become part of NHS Humber and North Yorkshire ICB. You can continue to use this website to find the information you need, which remains relevant for the Hull area.

 In Uncategorised

Hull’s Local Action Group Board is looking for residents to become volunteer representatives and share knowledge about their local communities.

What is the Local Action Group Board?

Hull has been awarded Community Led Local Development funding, which is a European Union grant funding programme for projects that will help people into or towards employment, or support local businesses. This fund of over £7million is overseen by a Local Action Group (LAG) Board with representatives from the public, private and not for profit sectors.

If you live in one of the highlighted CLLD areas you are eligible to apply to be a resident representative. See CLLD map below:

What will resident representatives do?

Resident representatives on the Board will bring their valuable knowledge, experience and insight of the needs of people living in their community to the discussions at the LAG Board. They will help to ensure that the recommendations and decisions the Board makes reflect the needs of their community.

What is required for the role?

  • Ability to absorb reports and monitoring information
  • Ability to understand basic budgets
  • Confidence to participate in multi-agency board meetings
  • Willingness to bring a resident perspective to board meetings
  • Must live in one of the CLLD areas (see previous map)

What skills/ experience would residents gain?

  • Experience of interpreting strategy and policy into practice
  • Experience of multi-agency partnership working
  • Team working / joint decision making skills
  • Experience of grant funding programmes

What is the time commitment?
Resident representatives will be required to attend
around four LAG Board meetings a year plus
occasional development sessions or training
sessions. Preparation including reading of board papers will be
required before each meeting.

Is any training or support offered?
Resident representatives will be supported in their role by a LAG Board member from their area, also by the Project Team at Hull City Council and will have access to free training as required.

Is it a paid position?
The role is not paid, but travel expenses will be reimbursed.

How do I find out more?
For an informal discussion, to find out more or ask for an application form, email the CLLD Project Team at Hull City Council, leaving your name, contact number and postcode and a member of the team will call you back. Alternatively you can call or text the team on 07872416003.
(N.B. We need your postcode to confirm that you live in one of the eligible areas).

What is the deadline for applying?
Application forms need to be submitted by 3rd April 2018.

Recent Posts
Skip to content