From 1 July 2022, Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) will be dissolved, and Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) will take over the responsibility for NHS functions and budgets. We will become part of NHS Humber and North Yorkshire ICB. You can continue to use this website to find the information you need, which remains relevant for the Hull area.

Pain, joint and muscle services

Pain is a common reason why people visit their GP. Treating the disease or condition that causes pain often resolves the problem. Sometimes however, the cause of pain is not entirely clear and pain can then persist. This page will give you information about the help and services that are available to you should you need them.

It is important if you are unsure what is causing the pain, or if you have been experiencing pain for a long time, that you visit your GP so that they can ensure nothing serious is causing it.

The following services are available to people in Hull:

Healthshare Hull, our Community musculoskeletal (MSK) services – a one-stop service for all joint and muscle problems including back and neck pain. They have the full range of therapists and specialists to make sure you get the right help when you need it. As a physio provider, Healthshare Hull can help address a range of aches, pains and joint problems. You can self-refer to Healthshare Hull or be referred by your GP. For further information, see Healthshare Hull.

City Health Care Partnership: Chronic pain management service – the chronic pain management service offers a fully rounded service to people who live with chronic pain on a daily basis. The service will ensure that patients are assessed and referred to the most appropriate health professional as soon as possible. Patients must be referred by their own GP or they can come via Healthshare. For more information visit Chronic pain management service.

Humber Community Pain Service – a community based service that treats patients with longstanding pain including people living with back pain and those experiencing anxiety and depression associated with their pain. Your GP can refer you directly into this service. See Humber Community pain service for more information.

Skip to content