From 1 July 2022, Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) will be dissolved, and Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) will take over the responsibility for NHS functions and budgets. We will become part of NHS Humber and North Yorkshire ICB. You can continue to use this website to find the information you need, which remains relevant for the Hull area.

Adult mental health

Accessing mental health services in Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire

If you live in Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire or have a GP in those areas, you can always talk to your doctor about mental health or any emotional problems you may be having.

If you are a working age adult you can also refer yourself to mental health services and there are two telephone numbers you can use, depending on what issues you are having.

Depression and anxiety services

In Hull, for depression and anxiety services you can contact Let’s Talk by visiting the website or calling 01482 247111.

This is a service operated by City Healthcare Partnership where you will be offered a face-to-face assessment to work through what support you may need and which organisation is best placed to offer this.

In East Riding of Yorkshire you can contact the East Riding Emotional Wellbeing Service. Clients can be referred through their GP which means GPs may be able to offer additional advice and support. Referrals can also be received through a health visitor or other health and social care professionals via the Rapid Response Service. You can also self-refer by calling 01482 335451, or visit

Older people and Mental Health

Mental health affects people of all ages. Being worried, low, out of sorts, or just struggling to work up the energy to do things you used to enjoy aren’t just part and parcel of getting older – they’re important signs that you’re not feeling as well as you could be. There are lots of reasons why our moods might change. But it’s important to realise that if you’ve not been feeling yourself lately, there’s support available. Click here to read Age UK’s Your Mind Matters information guide for help and advice.

Rapid response service

The rapid response service is the Humber NHS Foundation Trust referral, assessment and treatment service for people who are experiencing a severe and complex mental health issue.

The service offers a face-to-face mental health assessment for people living in the area (registered with a Hull or East Riding GP) who are experiencing a severe and debilitating mental health problem. This could include:

• severe or chronic depression
• severe anxiety
• deliberate self-harm or suicidal thoughts
• drug and alcohol misuse or bipolar disorder that is seriously affecting the way you function day to day
• the service is also for people who are experiencing psychosis, which is when you perceive or interpret events differently to others which can include hallucinations, delusions or flight of ideas

The service also supports those in a mental health crisis and can offer intensive home treatment and earlier discharge from hospital.

Rapid Response Service telephone number: 0800 138 0990

Skip to content