Our Vision and Values
“Creating a Healthier Hull”
The CCG Board has developed the following values:
- To listen – We will listen to all communities.
- To value – We will value, respect and respond to all (contributions).
- To challenge – We are ready to challenge and be challenged.
- To innovate – We will strive for excellence.
In July 2015 our Board agreed to adopt a Behavioural Framework for the CCG. Adoption of the Framework will provide clarity as to the behaviours required within the CCG to support and encourage leadership at all levels of the organisation. You can view this here.
Our overall CCG strategic aims
- To improve life expectancy and reduce health inequalities.
- To work with partners to ensure services are integrated with those of the voluntary sector, community sector and the local authority in order to address the wider causes of poor health.
- To commission health care that delivers quality outcomes that are focused on the need of the individual and that treats people with compassion and dignity and is delivered in the most appropriate setting.
- To work with our partners to address the prevalence of smoking, obesity and substance misuse.
- To reduce the variation in the quality of care.
- To lead sustainable change to transform healthcare provision in Hull.
NHS Hull CCG will deliver its aims through achievement of the following objectives.
Our overall CCG objectives
2018/19 CCG Strategic Objectives
Outcomes that will indicate success
1/. Integrated Commissioning
i) Established governance and management of the integrated financial plan
ii) Reduced duplication and increased efficiency across health and social care
2/. Integrated Delivery
i) Increase in out of hospital care organised around GP practice groupings
ii) A reduction in reliance and demand on hospital care
iii) Increase in pathway development across primary, community and acute care
iv) New model to support care homes established
3/. Delivery of Statutory Duties
i) Approval of unqualified annual accounts and positive VFM assessment at year-end
ii) Substantial assurance from Head of Internal Audit Opinion Statement at year-end
iii) Maintenance of Outstanding CCG Rating for CCG by NHS England
iv) Attainment of NHS Constitution standards
4/. Hull Place Based Plan
i) Combined public sector response to tackling the wider determinants of health
ii) Proactive data and intelligence sharing across organisational boundaries to ensure early intervention and prevention
iii) Joint outcomes framework applied across local public sector
5/. Vulnerable People
i) Transformation of mental health and learning disability services improving access and reducing delays to treatment.
ii) Commissioning a diverse range of provision to support a reduction in institutionalised service provision
6/. Children & Families
i) Joint commissioning strategy in place for children’s services
ii) Improved services for children with special educational needs and disabilities
7/. Clinical Leadership / Innovation Commissioning
i) Next generation of primary care clinical leaders playing an active role in local commissioning innovation
8/. Development and implementation of system-wide quality improvement plan
i) A ‘Whole System’ approach to the Quality, Innovation, Productivity and Prevention agenda, to ensure the delivery of transformational change across the local health and social care community
9/. Refresh of Organisational Development Strategy
i) The CCG workforce is equipped with the necessary skills and behaviours to accelerate performance in order to achieve the CCG’s strategic objectives
10/. Refresh of Research Strategy
i) Research, innovation and technology is an enabler to improve health outcomes in Hull and the impact on commissioning
11/. Improvement in clinical outcomes
i) Improvement in the identification and management of the risk factors associated with stroke
ii) Improvements in the identification and management of the risk associated with diabetes
iii) Improvement in the prevention, early diagnosis and management of those with cancer
12/. Patient and Public Involvement
i) The reach and impact of CCG public engagement is increased by providing a wide range of engagement opportunities
ii) To strengthen the use of patient experience in decision making
Our mission statements:
- We will aspire to transform the health of our community.
- We will strive to commission high quality, safe and acceptable services.
- We will conduct ourselves with dignity, and show respect and tolerance to all members of our community.
- We will be transparent and democratic in our decision making.
- We will promote effective communication at all levels.
- We will engage with, and attempt to inspire, all stakeholders.
- We will be innovative in our approach and radical should situation demand.
- We will promote health education amongst professionals and the general public.
- We will endeavour to reduce health inequalities in Hull.
- We will be accountable for all decisions made and be open to scrutiny to demonstrate sound corporate governance.