From 1 July 2022, Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) will be dissolved, and Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) will take over the responsibility for NHS functions and budgets. We will become part of NHS Humber and North Yorkshire ICB. You can continue to use this website to find the information you need, which remains relevant for the Hull area.

Which organisation to ask

Following the introduction of the Health and Social Care Act 2012, health and social care services are commissioned by different NHS organisations, the local authority and national bodies. Listed below are organisations who have a responsibility for commissioning and providing health and social care services for residents of Hull.


The different organisations and the services they commission

NHS Hull Clinical Commissioning Group

Information about the services the CCG commissions and offers will be made available on this website.

If the information you require is not available please see how you can make a Freedom of Information request to obtain the information.

We commission:

  • Urgent and emergency care (including NHS 111, A&E and ambulance services)
  • Elective hospital care
  • Out of hours services (including walk in centres and minor injury units)
  • Community health services (services provided outside of hospital such as home oxygen services, speech and language therapy and wheelchair services)
  • Rehabilitation services
  • Maternity and newborn services (excluding neonatel intensive care)
  • Children’s healthcare services
  • Services for people with learning disabilities
  • Mental health services for adults and children
  • NHS Continuing healthcare
  • Infertility services
  • GP services. In April 2017 we took responsibility from NHS England for commissioning GP Services, through a process known as becoming fully delegated.

See more about what we do.


Hull City Council (Local Authority)

Hull City Council are responsible for commissioning:

  • Children’s Public Health (5-19) – including Healthy Child Programme and school nursing
  • Sexual health advice, prevention and promotion
  • Mental health promotion, mental illness prevention and suicide prevention
  • Physical activity programmes promotion
  • Obesity programmes
  • Drug and alcohol misuse services, prevention and treatment
  • Smoking cessation
  • NHS Health Check Programme

You can request information from Hull City Council here.

NHS England

NHS England commission:

  • Pharmaceutical services
  • Ophthalmic services including NHS sight tests
  • Dental services
  • Health services and public health services for people in prisons/other custodial settings
  • Health services for members of the armed forces
  • Specialised and highly specialised services – further details on what these can be found here
  • Immunisation programmes
  • National Screening Programmes
  • Sexual assault referral services

You can request information from NHS England here.


Public Health England

Public Health England are responsible for:

  • Prevention and early presentation – supporting local authorities
  • Infectious disease -Public oversight of prevention and control, including co-ordination of outbreak management
  • Emergency preparedness and response including pandemic influenza preparedness
  • Health intelligence and information

You can request information from Public Health England here


Organisations the CCG works in partnership with


Organisations who monitor our work


Organisations who help us make decisions


See how the organisations link together.

Find local services

Your health A-Z

Skip to content