Our Vision and Values
“Creating a Healthier Hull”
The CCG Board has developed the following values:
- To listen – We will listen to all communities.
- To value – We will value, respect and respond to all (contributions).
- To challenge – We are ready to challenge and be challenged.
- To innovate – We will strive for excellence.
In July 2015 our Board agreed to adopt a Behavioural Framework for the CCG. Adoption of the Framework will provide clarity as to the behaviours required within the CCG to support and encourage leadership at all levels of the organisation. You can view this here.
Our overall CCG strategic aims
- To improve life expectancy and reduce health inequalities.
- To work with partners to ensure services are integrated with those of the voluntary sector, community sector and the local authority in order to address the wider causes of poor health.
- To commission health care that delivers quality outcomes that are focused on the need of the individual and that treats people with compassion and dignity and is delivered in the most appropriate setting.
- To work with our partners to address the prevalence of smoking, obesity and substance misuse.
- To reduce the variation in the quality of care.
- To lead sustainable change to transform healthcare provision in Hull.
NHS Hull CCG will deliver its aims through achievement of the following objectives.
Our overall CCG objectives
- Integrated commissioning
- Integrated delivery
- Delivery of statutory duties
- Hull Place Based Plan
- Vulnerable people
- Children and families
- Clinical leadership / innovation in commissioning
- Working with partners to develop and implement a single quality improvement plan
- Implement a revised Organisational Development Strategy
- Implement a revised Research Strategy
- Improvement in clinical outcomes
- To embed Patient and Public Involvement across the organisation and ensure that the CCG meets its statutory duty under 14Z2 of the Health and Social Care Act
Our mission statements:
- We will aspire to transform the health of our community.
- We will strive to commission high quality, safe and acceptable services.
- We will conduct ourselves with dignity, and show respect and tolerance to all members of our community.
- We will be transparent and democratic in our decision making.
- We will promote effective communication at all levels.
- We will engage with, and attempt to inspire, all stakeholders.
- We will be innovative in our approach and radical should situation demand.
- We will promote health education amongst professionals and the general public.
- We will endeavour to reduce health inequalities in Hull.
- We will be accountable for all decisions made and be open to scrutiny to demonstrate sound corporate governance.