Our Vision and Values
“Creating a Healthier Hull”
The CCG Board has developed the following values:
- LISTEN – We will listen to all communities.
- VALUE – We will value, respect and respond to all (contributions).
- CHALLENGE – We are ready to challenge and be challenged.
- INNOVATE – We will strive for excellence.
In July 2015 our Board agreed to adopt a Behavioural Framework for the CCG. Adoption of the Framework will provide clarity as to the behaviours required within the CCG to support and encourage leadership at all levels of the organisation. You can view this here.
The NHS Hull CCG Strategic Objectives for 2015-16 are here.
Our overall CCG strategic aims
- Improve life expectancy and reduce health inequalities.
- Work with partners to ensure services are integrated with those of the voluntary sector, community sector and the local authority in order to address the wider causes of poor health.
- Commission health care that delivers quality outcomes that are focused on the need of the individual and that treats people with compassion and dignity and is delivered in the most appropriate setting.
- Work with our partners to address the prevalence of smoking, obesity and substance misuse.
- Reduce the variation in the quality of care.
- Lead sustainable change to transform healthcare provision in Hull.
NHS Hull CCG will deliver its aims through achievement of the following objectives.
Our overall CCG objectives
- Clinical input into every part of the commissioning cycle.
- Ensuring insights from GPs’ daily practice and from wider engagement with patients, carers and communities will inform any future commissioning.
- Commissioning for outcomes, with quality at the centre of all it does, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Commissioning jointly with the local authority where integration of health and social care is vital, especially for older people with complex health and social care needs.
- Commissioning of care pathways where integration across primary, secondary and tertiary care is required.
- Work closely with other CCGs for large-scale contracts developing shared or lead commissioning arrangements, enhancing clinical improvements, efficiency, resilience and risk management.
- Ensure all local resources are considered in commissioning services which are most effective for the population of Hull, including the third sector and localised community services.
- Work with its strategic partners to deliver the most effective and integrated services for the populations’ needs.
- Work in partnership with the National Health Service Commissioning Board (NHSCB) to improve quality of primary medical services, prison health services and specialist services, as well as public health services such as screening and immunisation programmes.
- Initiate and support service transformation for the improvement of outcomes, quality and productivity.
- Reducing unwarranted variation and tackling inequalities.
The work to deliver the CCG aims and objectives will be undertaken across four transformational change programmes.
Our mission statements:
- We will aspire to transform the health of our community.
- We will strive to commission high quality, safe and acceptable services.
- We will conduct ourselves with dignity, and show respect and tolerance to all members of our community.
- We will be transparent and democratic in our decision making.
- We will promote effective communication at all levels.
- We will engage with, and attempt to inspire, all stakeholders.
- We will be innovative in our approach and radical should situation demand.
- We will promote health education amongst professionals and the general public.
- We will endeavour to reduce health inequalities in Hull.
- We will be accountable for all decisions made and be open to scrutiny to demonstrate sound corporate governance.