From 1 July 2022, Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) will be dissolved, and Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) will take over the responsibility for NHS functions and budgets. We will become part of NHS Humber and North Yorkshire ICB. You can continue to use this website to find the information you need, which remains relevant for the Hull area.

 In Uncategorised

Doctors in Hull are advising people to be prepared by knowing where best to access local health care over the coming summer holidays. 

Dr Dan Roper, NHS Hull Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) chair said:

“Everyday illnesses such as hay fever and stomach upsets, plus scrapes and sprains can be inevitable during the summer holidays. Although we hope you don’t fall ill or get injured, it is best to know where to go for help before it happens.”

Help and advice available to those requiring medical treatment and advice includes:

  • GP appointments: to make an appointment if you have an illness or injury which won’t go away but which isn’t an emergency
  • GP walk in service: is available at Story Street Walk-in Centre, Wilberforce Health Centre, 6 – 10 Story Street, Hull, HU1 3SA. Open 8am – 8pm, 7 days a week, Tel: 01482 335180,
  • Self-care: use over the counter medicines to treat minor ailments such as hay fever and stomach upsets.
  • NHS 111: the number to call if you need medical help, but it is not an emergency. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and calls are free from landlines and mobiles.
  • Minor injuries units (MIU): adults and children over 18 months old can visit your local minor injuries unit for injuries such as cuts, bites, sprains and scalds. You don’t need to be registered or to have an appointment.
Bransholme Health Centre, Goodhart Road, Hull, HU7 4DW

Tel: 01482 344665

9am – 8pm every day

Freedom Centre, Preston Road, Hull,


Tel: 01482 344580

Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm only

  • Pharmacies: your local pharmacist or chemist can offer advice on illnesses and the best medicines to take.
  • Minor Ailments Scheme: if you do not pay for prescriptions or for children under 16 years old, your local pharmacist may be able to prescribe medicines free-of-charge without you having to see a Doctor. Ask at your local pharmacy for further details.

Dr Roper adds:

“Visiting your local pharmacy or MIU can be a quick and effective way of treating minor injuries, illnesses and ailments without having to book an appointment with your GP. Anyone can attend a pharmacy or MIU to be seen by highly trained health professionals.”

Finally, calling 999 or visiting the Emergency Department should only be considered in emergencies and life-threatening situations such as, but not exclusively: loss of consciousness, acute confused state, fits, chest pain, breathing difficulties and severe bleeding. If you require emergency treatment call 999 or visit the Emergency Department immediately.

Recent Posts
Skip to content